Thursday, June 5, 2014

I am really bad at blogging...(Warning: This is Super Long!)

I am really bad at blogging...

Saturday-Tuesday: 5/31/14 - 6/3/14

When I began this blog, I had great ambitions and desires as to what I wanted it to be. I had dreams of it becoming something awesome! But nope! I have such a hard time just writing everyday. I think the best approach is now to not write everyday, but at least once a week. So, that's what I will do; instead of posting everyday, I will post at least once a week and perhaps more!

(I will do my best to remember each day)

Saturday - I cannot remember what happened this day. (Off to a great start!)

Sunday - This day was a little crazy. I lead worship for the morning service, but prior to Sunday morning, I had no practice. Normally, Wednesday evening is the time when the full group will practice, but because of my internship, I was with the youth group for the evening and was not able to attend the practice. It went incredibly well, despite the circumstances! For our Sunday school time there are different classes that people can attend. There is a specific AY Sunday school for the teens. "AY" stands for Anchored Youth. I decided to go there, which was the first time being there in the morning. The class begins at 9:30. The students were not all on time, so I waited as the continued to roll in. 9:35, 9:40, 9:45 go by and I am waiting for the teacher. Our youth director had told me that I do not need to teach for the AY Sunday school, so I was unprepared. I had nothing! 9:50 comes around and I was in a panic. Praying and talking to the youth I decided to turn to the book of James and improvise. Just read a few verses and talk about it, then a few more and talk...And that's what we did. It went really well considering the circumstances. I learned later that the youth were supposed to go to another class that morning. 

In the evening I went to a friend's house to watch several movies. There I met my best friend! His name is Cassius! (I think that's how you spell it) He is a little Chihuahua dog. We quickly became the best of friends! I held him and he eventually stopped shaking in anger that I was holding him and that people were in his face. He warmed up to me. We, I'm sure, will be dog-lifelong friends! After I left, as I was driving home, I was pulled over. (For those of you who know the whole situation with my license can imagine the panic I had when the cop sped up to me and turned on his lights) He pulled my over because my left side headlight was out. (Dumb reason, in my humble opinion) He let me go with a written warning and no ticket. Praise God! If I were to get another ticket, the consequences would be more than just paying money, but no need to go into that because it didn't happen!  

Monday - This day was crazy busy! The day began by going to Pepboys to fix my headlight and a couple of other things with Lucy. (My wonderful car) While waiting, I decided to text some friends to see if they wanted to get breakfast. We went to Cracker Barrel. Then, directly afterwards, I met with a student from the youth group. Then, immediately afterwards, I had a staff meeting at my church. Then, immediately after that, I had another meeting with our new president of RBC. It was not a personal meeting, but he wanted to meet with some of the students to talk about possible changes that we wanted to see at RBC. We ended up talking about our stories. Different people shared their stories! It is amazing to hear about the different people who are at RBC and their stories! I actually shared my testimony with the group. (Whether is was a good thing or now, I have no idea, but it happened and cannot change it) Later, had a short ballet lesson.

Tuesday- Today, I tried to spend most of the day working on my message. In actuality, spent none of it working on my message. The morning was awful. After that, I spent time with one of my professors. We went out to lunch and talked for a bit about different things going on in life and some more specific things as well; including the elder brother from the parable of the prodigal son. He was so helpful and shared with me that one way to combat that is to not view another person, believer or unbeliever, as not lesser than us, but rather to see them as exactly the same as you. An unbeliever who is spending their life chasing the things that will not provide are what we would be without the saving grace of God. That's us. There is nothing special about us that moved the heart of God more to save us and not them. If anything, we are the lesser. Just as a side note, this is hard to do. It is more difficult when I am out of practice and do not interact with others outside of my immediate group of friends. I pray that that will change!

Later though, I went to a friend's apartment of whom I have not seen in a while. We caught up for a bit. I had a much longer ballet lesson. I actually cut my foot. (Which I hear is common for ballerinas) Then, the same friend and I had a good long walk and talk about life. Later, a friend stopped by to see how I was doing. It is so good to know that my friends care and are willing to go out of their way to see how I am doing. She is quickly becoming one of my close friends!

Thank you!      

No comments:

Post a Comment