Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Thurs, Fri, Sat 6/5, 6/6, 6/7 - The Lego Movie

Thurs, Fri, Sat 6/5, 6/6, 6/7 - The Lego Movie

On Thursday I believe I slept in. I do not remember well, but the one event I can remember is that later on in the evening I went with a friend who was planning on taking a video of me. He had heard my testimony and was doing a mini-series with his church on different people's testimony. He asked me a while ago if he could film it and now we finally got to it. The church he attends is large, and because of it he has access to a lot of neat video and sound equipment that most churches do not have. We went to the studio and it was filled with awesome stuff! I sat in front of a black screen for a long time before we actually got around to shooting it. Very uncomfortable. Sitting on a stool with no back support. It was fine. This was the first time actually being in front of a camera for more than a few seconds, or for those goofy, awkward films we did in high school. (Which are always the most fun because of the memories and the inside jokes) But, what dawned on me and what I found most interesting and shocking is that people want to hear my story. A couple post's ago, I wrote about "my story/our story". In thinking about what it means to share all of our stories, I cannot help but wonder what makes one "better". Nothing really. My story, for some reason, people want to hear, but that does not make it "better" than anyone else's. Yes, the experience that I've had is different compared to most, but it does not mean that I've received more grace than anyone else who has been born again in the Spirit of Christ. By the grace of God, we are what we are today. We are saved! 

Friday, I had a ballet lesson. Later, some friends and I went to Chick fil a and then we went and saw the Lego Movie. This was the second time that I’ve seen the movie. (A great movie, by the way) And then a friend and I went for a walk. A good long walk. One of those walks where the level of trust and companionship grows stronger. I must go around in circles, but I thank God for my friends. I wrote on this subject before as well, but it's true. One of my fears was that while I'm still here in FL a lot of my friends, my really close friends, the ones who I feel comfortable talking to a lot of things, have left. They all seemed to have left, and, to be completely honest, I began to become anxious. But, right at the time when they all left, new friends sprung up. Friends in whom I can trust and count on! Praise the Lord! 

Saturday, some friends and I spent some time at the springs. There is a long walking trial there. It has a wonderful mix of shade and open area when the sun will shine. I felt bad after a while because I, for whatever reason, did not feel like talking. (I do know why, but I would prefer not to disclose this here) So, I decided to walk ahead of the group in order to give them some space. I felt like I was dragging the whole group down. (Whether this is true or not, I could not shake the feeling) But either way, the trip and the walk was great! I've never been to the springs before. It was beautiful! 


Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment