Sunday, May 25, 2014

Saturday 5/24/14 - Plead with Him

Saturday 5/24/14 - Plead with Him

Have you ever seem to have a day that went from worse to worser to worstest? (If there is such a thing) That was Saturday. Once again, I slept in. That just brought frustration in the morning. Then I went to Starbucks. (I'm a creature of habit) Next, some friends and I went to the movies. That was fun! I truly enjoyed that time with them. Later, I went to a party. The party was fine. I, however, had such a bad attitude that it made it all the worse. I was unable to enjoy the fellowship and friendship. I actually left early because of it. Granted, I was incredibly tired, but still, bad attitude. And when I got home, it was the "worstest". This might have been one of the most painful nights of my life. (Remember, this is an honest moment. I'm not sharing everything, but you are getting a glimpse into my life) I stayed up for hours. I think I truly went to bed at 4am, or sometime around then. 

So, what do you do when you are laying there and cannot sleep because of the sadness and depression that so plagues your soul? Plead with God! Plead for His merciful hand to rest upon you. Plead with Him to comfort your aching soul. Plead with Him for His grace to so surround you and hug you that it might be the warm blanket that puts you to sleep. Plead with Him that the cleansing of your sins is not a facade or temporary, but that it lasts forever according to His promises (Not that it can fade, but that I may remember it fully). Plead with Him that when you wake up you will not feel the same way as you did when you could not fall asleep before. Plead with Him that the fears that you experience will not overtake you and devour you in the night. Plead with Him that the tears you shed will be wiped away. Plead with Him that you may once again be restored to a place of rejoicing of His name. Plead with Him that you may experience the full joy that is only offered through Him. Plead with Him! Him, the heavenly Father who loves you. Who cares for you. Who delights in you. Who wants you. Who will never leave you. Who has caused you to be born again to a living hope. (cf. 1 Peter 1:3) Who has given you His Spirit that we may call Him Abba! Father! Who has cleansed you. Who has chosen you. Who has given you a new heart and removed the heart of stone. (cf. Ezekiel 36:26) We confess our sins knowing that he will forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (cf. 1 John 1:9) We draw near to Him once again, even when, for a moment, we felt galaxies away. We praise His name in the trial, knowing that it, thought it may not seem so, is for our good. We remember of the great and wonderful inheritance that awaits us. 

This is what you do. Does it fix everything? Unfortunately, no. But, it is the right thing to do. Does the fact that, in the moment of serious distress, we might still not feel close to God mean that he is truly far away? No. There are probably others that know more of what to do and not to do in situations like this. I'm just writing about the things I went through on Saturday. Praise God for His wonderful grace!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment