Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunday 5/18/14 - The Adventure Begins!

This is the first post! How cool! Well, as a matter of brief description as to what this blog is, it is an honest moment from me to you. This comes from the suggestion of a dear friend to do this blog. The summer ahead will be incredibly tough. I will be taking two independent studies for school and be embarking on two internships. I hope that this blog will be one of encouragement and honesty. This is not my personal journal, nor a Bible study of some sort, but rather, just my thoughts. Just the thoughts of the adventures that will happen this summer! 

Sunday 5/18/14 - The Adventure Begins!

Today, because of some complications with my car, I went to River Oaks Presbyterian for morning worship. The service was wonderful. I have always enjoyed River Oaks when I have been. The service, however, was lessened because my mind was on other matters. I did listen to the message and greatly benefited from the whole service, but my thoughts were swimming with other things. Later, we, some of the students from RBC, went to a friend's house to enjoy and celebrate the end of the school year and the beginning of summer! (I figured that that would be a good day to begin writing) It was wonderful to see all my friends spending time together! Again, however, my thoughts were elsewhere. I was off. I was trying to hold on to the promises of God. Promises of my Father to hold me and keep me. Promises that he will never leave me nor forsake me. Promises that he is all I need and that he provides all that I will ever need. Promises, the wonderful promises of the Living God! Several times yesterday I read Isaiah 12. Verse 2 was especially helpful and hopeful. "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." I cried, trying to hold on to passages like this. Praise God for His sovereignty and His love! To be honest, yesterday may have been the worst day here in Florida. But, to be honest, it is ok. I'll be ok. Why? Because God is sovereign and His love surrounds me and guides me! There is no greater comfort in the whole world!

Well, what a way to start the summer! With tears and fears, joys and friends, singing and praying, movies and moving, etc. All of it under the banner of the most wonderful and sovereign love of the Father! I wonder what the next day has in store!

Thank you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment